Friday 27 May 2011

1953 Fashions

Researching 1953 fashions uncovered a few interesting facts.  According to Retro Fashion History the colour palette for spring 1953 was "soft, pretty, feminine, and flattering" and white, beige, and soft pink was included in the "it" look for the time.

The importance of cotton to the American economy was highlighted when the government of the day awarded the first Cotton Fashion Award.

Coincidence that I chose a soft pink floral on an off-white 100% cotton sateen?  Yes, I didn't research this prior to choosing the fabric.  I just picked it out of the sale bin.  Funny how things work out.

The fabric is cut.  I'm looking forward to some sewing time this weekend and to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...