Tuesday 24 May 2011

Vintage Vogue Dress


My next sewing project:

Vogue 1043, Vogue Vintage Model Original 1953 Design.

The bodice of the dress is adorable.  It has front stitched tucks, back darts, short kimono sleeves and underarm gussets.  The skirt portion of the dress is described as "mid-calf" but the pattern piece held up to my five-foot-one stature begs to differ.  I think there might be some alterations going on around the hemline.  The dress has a side zipper closure.


The fabric is an ivory with pink floral 100% cotton stretch sateen.  I found it in the sale section at Mitchell Fabrics and it
cost $5.00/ metre.  The price was not what drew me to the fabric but it didn't hurt.  I would have picked it even if it were not on sale, I think it is really cute with a vintage vibe going on.


Well, the fabric is pre-shunk, ironed, and the pattern pieces are cut so that means I should get to work.  I'll be laying out and cutting the fabric over the next few days in hopes to have it ready to sew for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...