Friday 19 August 2011

Thank you Kate!

I'm was just reading an Associate Press article, Hosiery making a comeback with return to polished, ladylike looks, by Samantha Critchell.


Yippeee! I don't know about you but I luv wearing hoisery.  To me there is nothing that finishes off a look and feels better than a silky leg.

I even like the look of a fun pair of tights, one of my favourite ways to add some plaid to a simple black dress.

I think it is the perfect accessory for changing up an outfit. And I don't mind the warmth it provides in those cold Winnipeg winters.

I have a drawer full of fun hose and tights that are sometimes part of my wardrobe. I think I've become a bit know for my love of tights when the principle at the school where I work wanted to be my partner when it was "dress like your twin day". I was a wee bit horrified that I was pigeon-holed into having "a look"... when did that happen? The kids guessed right away that the principle was dressing like Ms. R. Scary, I never thought that I was considered a costume dresser. That's Winnipeg for ya, if you don't dress in the jeans and tee-shirt mold you must be wearing a costume.    

But I digress. Critchell credits the Middleton sisters, the Duchess of Cambridge and Pippa, as one of the influences that are bringing back the polished leg look. Surely, I wouldn't be perceived as wearing a costume with this celebrity endorsement?  

And I do agree with Stacey and Clint from What Not to Wear, that seam stockings rule an evening look. I don't know what I would do if I ever got a run in my Donna Karan black seamed tights! Oh I don't even what to think about it, they were so hard to find.


Now I wonder what Stacey and Clinton would say about Mantyhose?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...