Tuesday 6 December 2011

In sewing news today...

Project Runway: The Final Five Episode! (we're a wee bit behind the rest of the world) 

Ouch! The tension in the workroom is ruining the post-yoga vibe I have going on.

I wish there was a mute button for Jason. Just saying.

I also have to say that I loved the lattice work in Laura's dress--Wow! But Anya's designs did rock the episode! I love the angles on the dresses.

I was speechless at Anya's choices for who should go to fashion week with her--Victor and Jason? Seriously?

I won't spoil it and say who will go to Fashion Week in case anyone hasn't seen the episode.

I don't know if I'm really excited about see the rest of the season. It is a bit of a yawn. I don't know, another episode of Jason. Oiye!

New Fabrics!

There was a sale this weekend at Fabricland, I think I might have mentioned that.

Honest, the only reason that I went back on Sunday was to pick up snaps to finish off the baby onesie that I was making.

Light olive green corduroy
And then I spotted these lovely fabrics and that was it, visions of finished garments started floating around in my head.

The corduroy fabric is so soft and it has a beautiful drape. It is a cotton, nylon, and spandex blend. I picked up two metres of this for a skirt. It's a light-weight fabric that I think will make a lovely skirt for spring.
Cream / Off white silk



And this medium weight off-white coloured 100% silk I picked up thinking that it would make a nice jacket.

But then it would also be lovely for a dress too.

I do have some time to think about it since I still have several projects sitting in my sewing drawers waiting that I will have to finish.


That's is all in sewing news today.  Happy sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lowering the White Flag: The DVF Reissued 50th Anniversary Wrap Dress / Vogue 2000

  I have to admit, I do like this DVF wrap dress that Vogue patterns re-issued earlier this year.  I'm just sad that this one doesn'...