Saturday 31 December 2011

Sewing Moments

I've been thinking about my favourite sewing moments of 2011.  Here they are:

Invisible Zippers.

I managed to sew an invisible zipper that I am proud of! Thanks to Eugenia's (fabulous) World of Fashion and her post How I get an invisible zipper looking neat at the top! All I have to add is invest in an actual metal invisible zipper foot and forget those cheap plastic ones.

Sewing polar fleece.

Or maybe it was being asked by my nephew to sew him another polar fleece? Not only did the request surprise me, it made my year.  He even came to the fabric store to pick out the fleece.

Natural sunlight.

There is nothing like getting out of the cramped poor lit sewing space in the basement into some natural light.

The summer of 2011 was a mosquito free summer and I loved it. It is a rare occurrence out here in the Canadian prairies. I really did enjoy sewing outdoors without being bothered by those little blood suckers.

Wrist pincushions rule!

And so does my wonderful and thoughtful nephew who managed to hunt down this rare gem for my birthday. Luv it him! They're both rare gems.



How about you, what were your favourite sewing moments of 2011?

2 comments:

  1. The key to learning how to sew a dress is practice. Practice makes perfect. Start with small projects like pillow cases, bed sheets and other items that need simple sewing. Little did you know, these items need pattern making and measurements too. These will serve as your training ground on how to sew a dress. It is a stepping stone that you must take in order to be successful in learning how to sew a dress properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your favourite sewing moment was sewing a dress?

    ReplyDelete

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...