Tuesday 3 January 2012

Yea, No!

Sew, I can say that I tried.  

I come to admit that Simplicity 3673 is not working for me. Yesterday, I realized that my bootie is too big for the slim skirt version of this pattern. I tried to leave out the darts but then there is that belly bloat that was having no part of it.  I would put up a picture but yea, no. You'll have to take my word on this one.

Yesterday, I ended my sewing day with cutting out the flared skirt pieces. Consulting the finished measurements listed on the pattern pieces, I decided that I should also leave out the darts and thought fitting it to the bodice by adding some gathers. I thought it looked okay and then I just went overboard.

Have a look.  Yea, what was I thinking adding the ribbon?









I thought it would look good, but it just ended up looking like a high school sewing project.

I'm done with this one. I admit defeat. It will go in the scrap pile and I have come to the realization that the 1950's weren't my decade.

I think if I attempt another retro/vintage look I should stick to the 1940's. The 1940's are more my style and way more forgiving of my curves.

 

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sorry it didn't work out for you. I love the fabric colour. Hopefully you can use the scraps for something else. Like a scarf! :D I'll bet the colour would look lovely next to your face, and infinity scarves seem to be really popular right now.

    ReplyDelete

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...