Wednesday 30 May 2012

Vogue 1247

I finally managed to sew Vogue 1247, or at least my version of it. You might have noticed that I didn't opt for the short skirt version.

I now understand why everyone is raving about this pattern. This skirt is so comfortable and I love the pocket placement in the front.

This Rachel Comey design might actually replace Vogue 2885 as my new favourite skirt pattern.

The purple and beige floral fabric was my "muslin" version before I cut into the green stretch sateen that I have in mind for this project. I actually like it so it is my "muslin" is a new addition to my wardrobe.

I didn't interface the waistband, and I actually like it without interfacing. I did use seam binding for the seam edges around the pockets and front yokes. I love how it looks. The rest of the seams I used my serger and I'm pleased with how that turned out too.

Sew, I think that I'm ready to go, I'll probably take it in on the sides a wee bit but I will keep the length.  I added ten inches to the length of the skirt.

Maybe, if I'm feeling a bit more like myself I'll make a trip to the store for a matching invisible zipper and start cutting that green sateen fabric.

3 comments:

  1. I love this pattern but I never considered the skirt- but the shape really lends itself to a longer length. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is really comfortable and I love the pockets.

      Delete
  2. I love that you lengthened it so much! It gives the skirt a different feel than the knee length version that others have made. I will remember this because it's such a kewl skirt!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...