Sunday 24 June 2012

This could be epic!

I'm so indecisive this week, I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm sew behind in participating in Sunni's Shirt Dress Sew Along. I have Vogue 1233 on the sewing table and even though I do want to make this dress, I'm not sure it is the pattern that I want to use for the shirtdress sew along.

I think I need to dust off the bike, take a ride down to park and meditate by the river for awhile. Just to clear my head before I hit the sewing machine. Let me explain...  

Yesterday, I was wearing the McCall's 6554 dress that I made recently. And I was thinking how much I love the fit of the skirt and the pocket placement. And I really do love the look of the bodice from the shirtdress in Simplicity 1880. Besides the flirty little skirt shape in Simplicity 1880 might not work well in the windy city. Someone in the Royal wardrobe department (is there such a thing?) should have done their research about how windy it can get in parts of Canada to avoid that unfortunate yellow dress incident but I digress. Now, I'm thinking that I should merge the features that I admire from these two patterns. Ohhh, Fashion Star meets Project Runway. This could be epic in a good way?


Besides Sunni's sew along is named the 2 in 1. I could just call it the 2-in-1 Fashion Star & Project Runway Shirt dress. No?

Sew much to do today and catch up on. Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...