Tuesday 19 June 2012

Wait for me!

I've decided to join in the Shirt Dress Sew-along and picked up Simplicity 1880. Sunni over at the charming blog A Fashionable Stitch is hosting the sew-along.

Sunni is crazy organized with this sew-along, she even has a calendar mapped out. Everything is worked out at a nice and easy pace and there are some posts that I'm looking forward to reading/discussing like the lining vs. slip talk.

But I'm jumping ahead of myself for someone who is just joining in now.


I was on the fence with this Simplicity pattern. I do like the look of shirt dresses but I wasn't sure how it would look. EliseMarie's review of this dress and the picture of how great it looks sold me on the pattern. I think for my own dress I would like to make it a below the knee length. Sew, that said I'm going to give it a whirl.

Right now, I am at a critical stage of the sew-along, deciding on the fabric.

There is this crepe fabric in a yellow, green and white dotted print on a purple background. It has been in my fabric stash for years.

Or I could go with a more recent purchase. A 100% cotton with the fun pattern pieces print. I found this fabric in the quilting section of the fabric store. But I'm thinking that it might be a little stiff? Hmmm.

I do like the drape that the crepe fabric has, maybe that would be a better choice. Any thoughts?

I've checked out the calendar and I'm not too far behind to jump into the sew-along. Maybe I might have some time to sleep on this fabric decision.


Anyone else sewing along?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...