Sunday 1 July 2012

In Sewing News Today...

I stopped by my local Fabricland to pick up buttons for my Shirtdress Sew-Along project. And you will never guess what, huge sale was going on.

{Source}
Yeah, Canada Day Long Weekend and the entire store is 50% to 70% off.

Hold on a second, I think there is a voice message on my phone saying that they weren't going to have the Canada Day Long Weekend sale this weekend. And that the sale was two week's early on a Thursday. A Thursday when I was really busy and rushed. Fabricland you suck for that message. But I am glad that I was there when you had even better sale prices.

Check this out:
Most of the silk was on sale for 50% off the regular price. But at $42.00/metre regular price 50% off wasn't enough of a temptation. Then I found a few bolts of silk that were from last year's stock priced at $28.00. I was almost tempted by a bolt of black silk until someone pointed out that there was silk in the sale section at 70% off.

And that is where I did find this burgundy coloured silk. Now we're talking. I have plans to make the Issey Miyake top, Vogue 1309, that I originally planned to make in the African print fabric.

I also picked up this knit fabric for $2.00/metre. Yeah, $2.00/metre! The entire bargain centre is reduced another 50%. I don't have a specific plan for this fabric just yet. Maybe something out of Pattern Magic 3 or Drape Drape? Or perhaps Vogue 1297? I'm going to think about it for awhile. For now there is enough on my sewing table to keep me busy.




Talking about sales. Did you notice that Vogue patterns has their entire collection of out-of-print and clearance patterns on sale for $1.99 until July 2nd? That's another sweet deal you don't see too often.

Well, I should get back to the Shirtdress Sew-along project since that's all in sewing news today.

Happy Sewing and Happy Canada Day to everyone celebrating.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day! You also found some superb deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada day to you too ! I've got to go check that Vogue pattern sale Thanks !

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...