Wednesday 8 August 2012

Almost done!

Here it is, Simplicity 5540, almost done! I just have seven red buttons (one of them seen in the upper left corner) to sew in place.

I think this pattern is too cute for words. The elastic in the upper pocket gives the pocket a nice shape. It is my favourite design feature. And I do like the topstitching.

The bodice is lined, I used a pale yellow lining. But not the skirt.

The pattern comes with shorts that is shown on the pattern envelope with the dress. And I discovered that if I do some creative pattern placement, I'll be able to cut a pair of shorts too.

That is what is up next before I get to H's dress and shorts. But I should get to those buttons first.

Happy Sewing!


6 comments:

  1. The pockets and all the red details make this such a fabulous little dress - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's adorable! I wish I could wear something like this. :D Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I'm pleased with how it turned out. I hope little J will be too.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...