Saturday 4 August 2012

Don't you love sewing kids' clothes?

I do. I think little wee outfits are one the cutest things to make. Maybe I've been sewing too many size twelve to fourteen outfits and that is what is making this project such fun.

I'm sewing Simplicity 5540 in a size 7. And then it is off to make a size 4. These dresses will be for two sisters.


J likes the colour red. Sew I used the blue lemon and cherry print fabric that was in my stash.

Remember this fabric? I used to make a dress for Mama R and a Connie Crawford blouse for myself. Well, there was enough for another dress for J. For the trim, I used the red sateen fabric I used for my Rachel Comey skirt. Here's a sneak peak of the back bodice with the trim, ties, and straps. And the added bonus, I'm using fabric from my stash. Yea, me.  

H's favourite colour is pink. I picked up some pink and yellow print fabric in the quilting section. Okay, that might cancel the bonus points I scored for stash busting with the size 7 dress but how can you stash bust when there is no pink in your fabric stash? I had to shop for fabric. It is 100% cotton and I think it has a nice weight to it. I have some solid coloured yellow cotton for the trim. I hope to have a finished dress to show you tomorrow.

Happy Sewing!    

1 comment:

  1. I sewwww miss sewing for little ones! My two are over 6foot and noway will fit into cute little dresses. The fabrics that you have selected are just beautiful - looking forward to the finished dresses...tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...