Wednesday 15 August 2012

What to Wear Cycling!

Wondering what to wear while cycling? How about a Hovding. A Hovding is a collar that you wear that holds "an invisible" bicycle helmet. Seriously, there are these two Swedish industrial designers who have designed an invisible bicycle helmet. It is an airbag shaped helmet that is stuffed into a collar and only deployed when there is an impact.

Cool, eh?

I've been an avid cyclist with exception of this summer. But being under the weather this summer cycling has been the last thing on my mind. I love cycling, hate wearing a helmet.

Yea, I know... hold all the safety issues about wearing a helmet. I could totally get into this. It even has a black box. You can read more about it here. I heard about it here there is a cool video that you could check out too.

  

5 comments:

  1. That's cool. I wonder how effective it is. TIME TO CLICKY THE LINKS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting idea! Very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "... only deployed when there is an impact."

    Shouldn't it deply BEFORE there's an impact?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, my mistake... I'll add a quote from their website to clear it all up.

      Delete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...