Monday 18 February 2013

Happy Louis Riel Day!


It is Louis Riel Day. Louis Riel is celebrated as a hero and has grown into a popular culture icon here in our province. Not so much in some other parts of Canada.

Even though there's a lot to take in today (free admission at the Winnipeg Art Gallery and Festival du Voyageur) to help celebrate Louis Riel day, there are some horrid road conditions. I think I'm going to stay put and take advantage of some quality sewing time. I do have more linen fabric to cut and sew. Maybe I might even make a cup of tea and read a few pages from Overdressed. But for sure, like so many others, I will dedicate some thought to this great Manitoban.  

Happy Sewing and Happy Louis Riel Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...