Wednesday 13 February 2013

In Sewing News Today...

{Source}
Have you read Overdressed: The Shocking High Cost of Cheap Fashion? I've heard a great deal about this book over at other blogs. It was Peter's review of the book that had me searching for this book for some time now. Sarai from Colette Patterns is the most recent blogger I've discovered to discuss the book.

Can you believe that I haven't encountered this book in any of the city's bookstores? Well, I was shocked to find it checked-in at the library this past weekend. And I'm thrilled to finally have a chance to read it--four day weekend coming up. So many books, so little time.

Something else happened this past weekend, I fell off the wagon again. No, I didn't pick up any more patterns. This time I came home with some fabric. My bad.

It was a vintage piece of brushed cotton fabric that tempted me to fall off the wagon. I found in the Annex at Mitchell Fabric, it is like a fantastic fabric museum down there. But I digress...

This brushed cotton was a bargain at $3.50/metre and it is 44" wide. I think it will be lovely for a Vogue 1052 Issey Miyake jacket.

Maybe that sewing resolution was just unrealistic. Wonder if I will be able to give up fabric shopping for Lent? Yeah, maybe that is what I need to do, take smaller steps.

In other news, I'm putting my sewing projects on hold while I work on the purificators.

I'm blessed. Mama R has offered to help me with this project. She offered to help with the ironing. Bless her heart. I hate ironing. She knows me so well. Of course, I don't want her to do all the ironing, but it is tempting to accept her help. Sew, sew tempting.

Well, that is all in sewing news today.

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I also recently finished reading that book. Let me know what you think. Also I posted about it here: http://soisewedthis.blogspot.com/2013/02/thoughts-on-book.html

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...