Tuesday 5 February 2013

Sew Grateful Reflection Post

As part of Sew Grateful Week, Debi over at My Happy Sewing Place is hosting Sew Grateful Day! And she had me thinking "what am I sew grateful for?" In no particular order here is my list:
  • My Mom, my absolutely wonderful Mom, for introducing me to sewing. 
  • The sewing community. The wonderful sewists (there are too many to name personally) that take the time to share their projects on their blogs and over at Pattern Review. It is great to read a review of a pattern and be inspired by someone's talent that they are willing to share with the rest of us. The sewing community is filled with generous people like Brenda over at Brenda's Sewing Nook who hosted a mega pattern give-away recently that had me squealing with delight.  
  • My Janome sewing machine. I can unplug my cord to the foot peddle and use the off/on button on my sewing machine. I'm grateful for this feature when my knees are in pain.  
  • The Ikea table legs with the adjustable height. My back and my knees are grateful for the ergonomic cutting surface.  
  • Anne's weekly Wearable Wednesdays column. I look forward to Wednesdays just so I can visit her blog and she always starts my Wednesdays off with a smile and laugh. Actually, I love visiting her blog any day for a smile, chuckle and to admire her sewing talent. 
  • Eye glasses. I wouldn't be able to sew without them.  
  • The walking foot that came in the quilting accessory box with my sewing machine. I don't know how I even tried to sew knits without one. Love it!  
  • Family. If it weren't for my family I wouldn't have a place to sew.
  • The inventor of jean-a-jig. If only I discovered this little tool when I was sewing up Vogue 1263.
  • Etsy! Oh my goodness, I can't believe I found one of my past favourite patterns, McCall's 8823, and the previously unknown, stunning Vogue 1985 over at Etsy.com. I'm happy to say they are part of my sewing stash waiting to be stitched up.  
I could go on and on but there is sewing to be done! I'm going to stop here and leave it as my Top Ten List. What about you? What makes your "sew grateful" list?  

Happy Sewing and Happy Sew Grateful Week!  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you get a lot of joy from your sewing! Thanks for reminding us of our good fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind! I so enjoy you....

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...