Sunday 24 March 2013

A Little Progress and A Little Distraction

I did a wee bit of sewing this morning before heading out for a lovely afternoon at the park. This is the progress on my version of the Vogue 8667 dress.

I have to say that I do like this dress pattern, A LOT! It is coming together nicely even though I could have easily gone up a size in the skirt area. Oh well, noted for next time that I have hips. I am pleased that the placement with hem line embroidery worked out. I was more worried about that than I was about matching the plaid. The pattern is adjusted for my short petite figure and I added side seam pockets to the skirt. It is still not finished but I hope tomorrow I can wrap up this project.  

I added the lining and collar when I returned home. All I have left to do is is sew in the sleeves and hand stitch the lining around the zipper. 

Sew, what managed to drag me away from this project... the Orchid Show and Sale. It was a lovely afternoon soaking in the beautiful flowers and classical music.    





4 comments:

  1. Perfect hemline placement - you have excelled yourself...can't wait to see it all finished...J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, it's looking really good!

    Bundana x

    ReplyDelete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...