Monday 15 April 2013

Make Do & Mend

Make Do and Mend:  Project # 2

My mending pile is getting out of hand. Boy, I wish I lived in San Francisco sew I could take advantage of the free mending library.

Right now I have thirteen items to mend and alter not including the vestment for the parish priest. Yikes, I don't know how that managed to grow that big.

Since I had an epic fail day sewing yesterday, I thought it might be a good time to tackle some mending projects.

Make Do & Mend project # 2 is a ready-to-wear cotton plaid shirt.

I thought this shirt was pretty cool back in the day. It ended up in the mending pile because I felt the puffed sleeves looked dated.

I removed the topstitching, then the stitching and cut away at the serged edge. I re-serged the edge and did a narrow hem on the sewing machine.  Done.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...