Friday 21 June 2013

Mundane Mending

Yup, that is all that I've been up to lately--mundane mending.

This afternoon was spent hemming up pants for a brother.

"It is just one pair," he said adding, "it will only take you five minutes by machine."

Insert eye roll.

It was more like over two hours of my time and as an extra pair of pants were thrown in. I don't know what I dislike more, the actual mending and alteration work or the fact that people don't seem to understand how much time it takes to do a good job.

Or maybe it is the fact that I seem to be doing mending and alterations for other peeps while my own pile is getting out of hand.

I need a project that is going to get my creative juices flowing again. I think it is time to ignore my own mending pile, pour a glass of wine and look through my pattern stash for some inspiration.  

Happy Sewing!






1 comment:

  1. "if it is only going to take 5 minutes, you have to sit here and wait for me to finish". I would very likely say something like that, not sure that I would hold them to it, but I would sure like to try. I hate hemming pants.

    ReplyDelete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...