Sunday 16 June 2013

Purging Pretty Things


I know that the weather is getting warmer and the mosquitos are out. It certainly feels like summer has arrived but technically, it is still spring.

I'm spring cleaning and purging pretty things. Yup, I'm digging through my fabric stash to see what is going to stay and what will find a new home.

Most of this pile is destined for a new location. I tried to donate fabric in the past to recreational centres that offer kids programs but none where interested in such items. Apparently, fabric doesn't qualify as craft material. Or it might be a polite way to say that kids don't sew, they play soccer when it is not raining outside.

But I did find this!
Looking for Donations of Fabric and other Sewing Supplies
The Central Park Women's Resource Centre operates a sewing circle for women living in the Central Park neighborhood. They are in need of sewing supplies as well as a wide variety of fabrics for their projects. Manitoba Status of Women will be collecting the donations on their behalf. Please drop off any materials to 409-401York Avenue (Norquay Building across from the Law Courts). Call 945-6281 for more information.
I just picked out two items to offer up in the etsy shop and the rest I'm taking down to to the Norquay Building later this week. I'm sure that someone will appreciate it. Besides, some of the knits and suiting fabric is just too heavy to ship if I offered up over at the etsy shop.


The two pieces that I put up over at etsy are two metre cuts that would make lovely tops.



Well, I have more purging of pretty things to do.

Happy Sewing!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Lowering the White Flag: The DVF Reissued 50th Anniversary Wrap Dress / Vogue 2000

  I have to admit, I do like this DVF wrap dress that Vogue patterns re-issued earlier this year.  I'm just sad that this one doesn'...