Wednesday 5 June 2013

QUICK! Someone pour me a drink...

I need to celebrate that Burda 7304 is almost finished. Yup, that is the excuse that I'll stick to...

I'm at the button hole stage of this project. I have one of those fancy-smancy Janome sewing machines with an automatic buttonholer. I found this video over on YouTube that shows a buttonholer just like the one on my machine. Don't be jealous.  



You see in theory it is the cat's meow. But my admiration for this automatic button hole feature hit a snag today when the perfect buttons would not fit in the button hole foot slot.

"Seriously?" I thought to myself thinking back to all the struggles that I have endured these past few weeks while making this coat.

I wasn't going to let this stop me. But then I realized that I live in a small prairie city and where would I take this to get button holes made. Gawd, I miss living in a large urban centre at times like this. The next option was to hunt through the button stash to see if I can find another large button but just slightly smaller than the perfect buttons that would not fit in my button hole foot.

Long story short... I found one. And this seems to work at making a button hole that I can squeeze the perfect button through. Although sewing will have to wait until tomorrow. Right now, I have to celebrate that it is almost finished.

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...