Sunday 23 June 2013

The Quest for a Great Fitting Pair of Pants: Chapter 2

Just when I thought there was no stopping me, I was stopped in my tracks. I'm totally to blame.

Let's see this weekend I managed to get very little done from my list this weekend.

That Burda pattern that I was heading over to the cutting table with on Saturday evening didn't actually get cut until today.

But there were naps to the sound of a summer rain. Love that!

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, Burda 7122 and the quest for a great fitting pair of pants. I cut them out in, gulp, a size 20. Could it really be? I typically cut dresses, skirts and tops in a size 14 and I have to say that I didn't quite expect that I should be cutting out pants in a size 20. But that is what the measurements say. I can't really say that I have a whole lot of experience with Burda patterns and even with sewing pants or trousers. We'll have to wait and see how these work out.

Well, fingers crossed that they work out without too much tweaking. I'm going to get the machines set up and call it a night. The plan is to start sewing tomorrow after work. But we know how I am with sticking to a plan...

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...