Monday 8 July 2013

Shocked!

Patricia Volk's Shocked:  My Mother, Schiaparelli, and Me captured my attention with the opening quote found in the first few pages of the book.

If you see a girl dressed to say

"No one tells me 
what to do"

you know someone once told her what to do.  
~Jennifer Michael Hecht

That quote projected this book to the crowded spot of on my summer read list. Actually, it bumped it to the top of the list. What made me excited about this book after I got home were the photographs. I can't wait to read it but right now I have to cut out Burda 9752.  

Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...