Saturday 20 July 2013

The Quest for a Great Fitting Pair of Pants: Chapter 7

Stash Busting 2013:  Project #26

Fabrics Used:       3.5 metres (navy wool, blue lining fabric and interfacing)

Pattern Used:      Vogue 1325, Anne Klein design

Bias Tape Used:  30" burgandy bias tape

Zipper Used:       7" recycled zipper

Hook Used:         1

Thread Used:      1 spool

*****

Okay, this is photographic proof that I consumed too many of those chocolate covered blueberries and need to do a serious amount of sit-ups.

Other than that, I don't plan to wear these pants with a shirt tucked in so really I'm all good.

LOVE. THIS. PATTERN.

It is a "semi-fitted, slightly flared pants" with a raised waist and side pockets. I used Vogue 1325 to make these pants and they are so comfortable. I've already have fabric picked out for a second pair.

The fabric for these pants has been in my stash since last autumn. It is a medium weight wool. A little warm for this time of year but I know I will get a lot of use out of these when the temperatures cool down.

All of the notions were found in my stash and have been there for quite some time as well. Instead of cutting a bias strip of the fabric for the facing finish I opted to use up some double fold bias tape from my stash.

I also left out the belt loops. I couldn't see myself wanting to wear a belt with these pants. All that is left to do (besides waiting for cooler temperatures) is to have these hemmed.

I'm going to need help in that department and with the garden exploding with produce to be picked up, it might have to wait a couple of days.

Until then, happy sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...