Thursday 29 August 2013

Favourite Dress Pattern

Stash Busting 2013:  Project #33

Fabric Used:              2.3 metre of purple polyester crepe

Pattern Used:            Simplicity 2372

Lace Trim Used:       1 metre

Basting Tape:            44"

Zipper Used:             22" invisible zipper

*****
I think it is pretty safe to say that Simplicity 2372 is Mama R's favourite dress pattern. This is the latest version of the dress. It is the neckline detail that Mama R is quite smitten about. 

The fabric has been in my stash for years until I passed it on to Mama R. She has been waiting for me to use this fabric for a new dress for quite some time, years actually. I can finally cross it off the list.  

I won't go into great detail about the dress, it is basically the same as all the others. Some have the tucks stitched down and other are like the one here. 

The only difference is that I stitched lace along the hem edge before I turned it up and did a blind hem. I did not have a perfect match on the lace, the fabric is purple and the lace is a navy blue. Despite the difference in colour, I think it gives the light-weight fabric some stability.   

Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

  1. I just love that neckline. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, still looking for some animal print for matching dresses! ;-)

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...