Monday 30 September 2013

September in Review

There was very little sewing going on around here. A sinus infection and cough that won't quit has kicked my sewing mojo to the curb. 

I do have Burda 7136 in a state of unfinishness waiting for sleeves, cuffs, buttonholes and buttons. It is a white shirt that is part of the Tim Gunn Project. I can't really say that the white shirt has my creative juices flowing but it will be a basic piece that I'm sure to get some good use once it is finished. I just need my sewing mojo to return to I can get it off the sewing table.   

Oh and there was the Mini Wardrobe contest that I entered earlier this month and failed big-time at completing. 

Yup, September was a very quiet month. I did do some shopping though. Yes, I also failed at the stash-busting this month. But I really did need those buttons for the white shirt and that half metre piece of indigio fabric is going to look stunning with the orange fabric.   

Well, here is the year-to-date stash busting adding stats:  

  • 68.76 metres of fabric, 
  • 23 previously unused patterns
  • 7.6 metres of trim
  • 17.50 packages of seam binding,
  • 10 zippers
  • 16 spools of thread
  • 4 sewing machine needles
  • 18 snaps,
  • 3 hook and eye
  • 52 buttons and
  • 3.8 metres of elastic.
And this this year I've added to my stash:
  • 43.4 metres of new fabric
  • 17 new patterns,
  • 2 metre of trim,
  • 15 packages of seam binding, 
  • 8 spools of thread
  • 2 sewing machine needles,
  • 30 buttons
  • 2 new sewing feet
  • 4 metres of elastic.  
Happy Sewing!  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your nice comment on my contest entry. I am delighted to find your blog and will be following !

    ReplyDelete

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...