Friday 25 July 2014

In Sewing News Today...

Lucky me! Guess what came in the mail yesterday? McCall's 6747, it is a gift from Carolyn. 

Thank you so much! 

I can't wait to sew this up, I'm trying to decide on a knit from my stash. This one... 

 

or this one?


I'm going to have to try and sneak it onto the cutting table this weekend.  

Right now I'm busy cutting out more projects for Mama R. We went shopping at Northwest Fabrics yesterday and she picked up some black fabric for a couple of dresses and a top.

I do have a project that I do want to make for her, another jacket. I picked up this fabric at Northwest late last year.   


The plan is to make another jacket, like this one, using Vogue 8916. I have all the pieces cut out and then discovered that there is enough left-over to make another garment. Hence, the dress pattern with the fabric. My initial thought was to make a skirt but Mama R prefers dresses. She asked for another dress using her favourite Simplicity go-to pattern but I'm not too keen on the pattern with all those pleats around the neckline with this fabric. Instead, I found this pattern, McCall's 2176, in her stash that I will give a try and if it works out okay, I'll cut the dress in the rest of this black and white fabric to match the jacket.  

While at Northwest during this recent trip, I did pick up a couple of things for myself. I happened to find white denim, where was this back in April?  


At this price, I would be crazy to leave it behind, right? Peter and Michael did a lovely job on selling white pants the other day. Maybe a pair might be in my future? Or perhaps a dress since there is enough fabric here to knock one off.  


And this fabric was also a good deal. No specific project picked out for this fabric just yet.


This red and white houndstooth weave fabric was too cute, a suit perhaps? I did pick up enough for a jacket and skirt.  

Anyway, that is all in sewing news today. What is on your sewing table?  

Happy Sewing!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...