Thursday 29 January 2015

It's a Good News Day...

Vogue Patterns went on sale today! And the sale includes the new spring patterns. That is the good news, the not so good news is that the Canadian dollar has tanked this week. Whooo wee, I couldn't believe how much the exchange rate came to so I had to modify my order.  

It was tough limiting my order to just three but I did it. And I have to say, it is a good thing too because I have quite the pattern stash that I need to work through. But I just couldn't say no to these ones... 


I'm quite smitten over this jacket. I didn't realize it at first but there is even a shorter version of this jacket included in the pattern. Sweetness! I'm going to make it to go with these pants.


There are three lengths included in these wide pants pattern along with the choice of darts or pleats at the waist. I'll be going with darts.


My final choice was a new Marcy Tilton pattern. I will lengthen the dress but I like the colour blocking possibilities with this one.  

These might take a month to get here since they're coming by snail mail but it is all good. They will be here before the spring. Until then, I should put on my ski pants, warm up the car and get to work  to pay that exchange rate took quite the bite out of my order.

Are you picking up during the sale?  

Happy Sewing!  






3 comments:

  1. I also picked up the Marcy Tilton dress and cardi. The other two you chose are gorgeous and I wish I could wear those styles. I saw the MT dress made up in a beautiful combination of fabrics over on Marcy's blog. Did you notice that? Stay warm-I won't tell you about AZ weather right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need an intervention. I went on a FabricMart bender today and forgot about my few must-have Vogue patterns till I saw this. Thanks a lot Graca! ;-) hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the Marcy Tilton dress. I like the fabric versatility and a dress that could be made up for all 4 seasons! And I have to mention the colour blocking tickles my brain.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...