Sunday 8 November 2015

Hallelujah!

Hallelujah!, my sinuses are starting to clear up, the swelling of my right side of my face is setting down, my head has stopped pounding (thanks to meds) and the forth and final angel costume is done! I can now tackle some of the projects waiting in queue. Umm, I mean, Queue the singing angels. Hallelujah!    

{Source}
These costumes are to be used for the Advent concert at my workplace. They're made out of 100% cotton which I hope will keep the little angels cool while they are under those bright lights. I can't wait to see them up on stage in a couple of weeks.

                                                                               The Stats:

Fabric:    Total fabric yardage used:  13.3 metres.  1.3 metres of cotton sateen $12.34 ($28.00 / metre - 70% off + taxes). The other 12 metres of fabric were covered by my workplace at a cost of $73.09: $5.99 / metre - 10% school discount + taxes) 

Pattern:   OOP McCall's 2340, $11.23

Thread:    $6.10 (I finished off three small spools of thread plus serger thread on the serger.)

Hook & Eyes:  $0.23, 4 sets from my stash  

Additional Tools:   Sewing machine, serger, walking foot, iron, pins, scissors, and a hand needle.  

                                                                                  ✄ ✄ ✄

Talking about angels... Carolyn from Diary of a Sewing Fanatic recently sent me this pattern. 


She really is an angel because I left a comment about how much I liked the pattern and would have to search online for it, not thinking that I would be entered but I won. And then I felt immensely guilty because I live in Canada and the give-away was open to local entries (honest, I missed that part when I left my comment). This angel sent the pattern anyway. Thank you Carolyn! This will be the first project to make it onto the sewing table. I'm quite excited to make this one after seeing Carolyn's version. She made a beautiful version in a panel print, you can check it out here. I hope to have it done soon as I do believe this style would be perfect for work. 

What about you, do you have any special sewing angels in your life? 

Happy Sewing!  


3 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better! I hope you can post a pic of the costumes. Well dine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I did post a picture of the first one hanging on my dress form/mannequin (follow the link above) and I'm going to take the last one to work today. It is tough to get a good photo of them as I don't have anyone to model them and they'll be worn in a Advent concert next month.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...