Monday 7 December 2015

Fall's Hottest Textile

InStyle proclaimed velvet as "fall's hottest textile." 

{Source}
It just seemed like the perfect time to break out that black stretch velvet that has been in the stash for... decades? I picked up around five metres of this fabric for a song back-in-the-day when Fanny Fabrics was closing down. And then velvet went out of style before I had a chance to make anything out of it. This just goes to prove that if you hold onto something long enough, it comes back in style again. Like leggings worn as pants.  

{Source}
Don't panic, I'm not making stretch velvet leggings. I'm just saying. So, what to do with fall's hottest textile?  

Another turtleneck dress? It is a very comfortable dress and I like the style.  

Vogue 8813

Or a Marcy Tilton dress? It is a funky and fun design with pockets. I do like a dress with pockets.   

Vogue 8793

Or maybe a kAtheRine Tilton top? Even though I do like the look of that velvet sweatshirt style top shown above, I know it is not really my style. But this Vogue pattern just might work. Hmmm, I have some deliberating to do...

Have you sewn anything in fall's hottest fabric?  

Happy Sewing!



2 comments:

  1. V8793 looks great. Velvet is the hot fabric this season. It's so yummy, chic and comfy. I've been wanting a navy velvet outfit for a Christmas party. Haven't moved on it yet. Guess I better get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, now I want to duplicate that top sweatshirt using velvet for the front. :D I'd probably make it up using Grainline Studio's Linden sweatshirt pattern, since I've worn the other two I've made from it nearly to death.

    For you though (since you've already veto'd the sweatshirt), I love the idea of that dress with pockets! How scrumptious would that be, made up in velvet?

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...