Tuesday 15 December 2015

Pink 'n Soft

Stash-busting 2015:  Baby Onsie

This little onesie is for a co-worker's baby shower, but I was missing from work the day of the shower. It has been handed off to my co-worker's friend yesterday who will deliver it this weekend.



The Pattern:


McCall's 7367 has been in my pattern stash for a very long time and the little once is my go-to baby shower gift. I've made so many of them over the years that I've honestly lost count.  
Memories are stitched with love.  ~Author Unknown
And I do love this pattern. I wish I had this pattern when my niece and nephews were wee little things. I would have certainly made a few more over the years. It is well-drafted and easy to sew. It is an out-of-print pattern but if you do happen to find a copy I would recommend picking it up for this is an item you're looking to sew.  


The Fabric:

Pink velour! Now, is the little gal this is going to be gifted to going to be one stylish little gal, or what? I've been spotting velour in the fabric store this fall before I realized that it was fall's hottest fabric. Luckily, I spotted this super soft baby pink velour at Northwest Fabrics before they caught wind of velour's recently upgraded fabric status as it was priced in a manner that actually made me buy pink fabric.  Eight metres of it as matter of fact. I'm not quite sure what is up with all the pink fabric that has found it's way into my fabric stash this past year other than I do like a good bargain.  

I thought that this fabric would make some comfy pyjama's but darn it, it also made a cute onesie as well. I contrasted the facing, leg and sleeve bands with a ivory coloured knit.  


Both fabrics were pre-treated with a tumble through the washing machine and dryer and held up very well. I stitched the onesie using a knit (lightning bolt) stitch and interfaced it with knit fusible. Instead of a button and buttonhole I used a medium sized snap.  


The Stats:

Fabric:          1 metre velour

Contrast:       0.60 metre cotton knit

Interfacing:   0.60 metre  

Snap:             1 - 15 mm snap

Needle:          1 serger needle

Ribbon:          0.50 metres of cotton twill tape

Pattern:          OOP McCall's 7367

Additional Tools and supplies:  Sewing machine, serger, serger needle, walking foot, seam ripper, pins, scissors, seven hours of labour, and one Bodum® of coffee.   

Happy Sewing!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...