Sunday 31 January 2016

January in Review

Sewing:

Top L to R:  Jungle January Jammies, McCall's 2476; Vintage Jumper Muslin, OOP McCall's 7946;
Vintage Jumper, OOP McCall's 7946; Donna Karan skirt, OOP Vogue 1378; 'The Cat's Pajamas', McCall's 7299;
Striped skirt, no pattern used.

I actually did not get around to doing a lot of sewing this month. The Donna Karan skirt and the vintage jumper muslin were sewn during my Christmas lay-off. I just didn't get around to snapping pictures and blogging about them until this month. I had grand plans that are still in the works.  Maybe February will be more productive?  

I did manage to get some mending and alterations done this month. This is a huge achievement for me because I'm not all that fond of mending and alterations. The plan is to get the mending pile under control this year.   


RTW Fast:

And I managed to get through the first month sewing, mending and altering all my clothing needs. This is my third year on a ready-to-wear fast. Woohoo! After the first year, I recall Carolyn mentioning that it gets easier as time progresses and she's right. As my skills improve so does my confidence that I could make something just as well or better.


The Stats


Supplies
Quantity Used from the stash this Month
Quantity Used this Year
Added to the Stash
Basting Tape
0.40 metres
0.40 metres
0
Bias Tape
0
0
0
Buttons
1
1
0
Chain
0
0
0
Elastic
0.8 metres
0.8 metres
0
Fabric
11.15 metres
11.15 metres
20.5 metres
Hand needles
0
0
0
Hook and Eyes
0
0
0
Interfacing
0
0
0
Lace trim
0
0
0
Pattern (new)
4
4
3
Pattern (previously used)
1
1
0
Serger needles
0
0
0
Serger thread
0
0
0
Sewing machine needles
0
0
0
Snaps
0
0
0
Thread
2
2
0
Trim
0
0
0
Velcro
0
0
0
Zipper
1
1
0


Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I think you got a lot done, considering you had alterations and mending too. I find fixing takes longer than starting from scratch.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...