Wednesday 9 March 2016

In Sewing News Today...

I've been sick for what feels like forever. It started with a stomach bug last month and now a nasty cold is making its rounds at work. And a cough that takes an inhaler to control. Blah, blah, blah...  



I guess it explains why it took me forever to finish the cape and the decrease in sewing activity around here. My sewing mojo has been buried under a pile of tissues.  

It is Lent when I try to sew for charity and I don't even have the energy or motivation to get though that type of sewing. I'm even counting down to my next lay-off from work. I never count down to a lay-off! Well, never say never. Now that the snow is melting it is a bad time for my allergies. ~sigh~

And I'm not even counting down to do any sewing even though I have these waiting in the wings.


The plan to make OOP Vogue 2427 in linen is currently on hold.  Even though I'm dying to get started on this until I actually try to get started on it and the couch starts calling my name. Fingers are crossed that I actually make this one as my 2016 Easter dress.  

So, as I try to regain my sewing mojo I thought I should do something productive instead. Let's do some pattern give-aways for the remainder of Lent. Starting this afternoon, I'll pull some of my favourite patterns from my collection (no, my Easter dress pattern is not up for grabs.  Sorry guys) and will continue with until Easter.

Stay tuned, first one is coming up this afternoon.

Happy Sewing!  






3 comments:

  1. ah, so sorry! I hope you feel better soon-my husband has it also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you feel so bad--had it last month and thought I'd never shake it.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...