Saturday 14 May 2016

Me-Made-May Update

What a week. The weather started off absolutely gorgeous and would you believe that there were snowflakes falling yesterday? I actually had to dig out my down-filled winter jacket!

On Saturday, May 7th, I wore four me-made items.
Weekend wear:  White vintage designed back pleated skirt, OOP vintage Vogue 2885; pleated peplum shirt, Butterick 6097; RTW jeans; RTW scruffy old navy t-shirt; RTW cotton socks.


Nightwear:  Pink velour pants and tunicVogue 9193; RTW socks.
Accessories:  Black handbag; wrist brace; burgundy Mephistos; burgundy Hunter rainboots.
Lessons learned today:  Some of my favourite pieces have some pretty cool pleating details. 

On Sunday, May 8th, I wore six me-made items.
Weekend wear:  Black pants, OOP Vogue 1325; Marcy Tilton top, OOP Vogue 8709; Lynn Mizono black linen blend dress, Vogue 1312; A-lined skirt, New Look 6108; RTW undergarments; RTW Kate Spade cotton and cashmere cardigan.
Nightwear:  Pink velour pants and tunicVogue 9193; RTW socks.


Accessories:  Black handbag; black briefcase; red wedge heeled shoes; burgundy Mephistos; bandages; wrist brace and garden gloves.
Lessons learned today:  Not a good idea to pull out weeds from the flower beds in a linen dress and Mephistos but my jeans were in the wash and they're my only pair.  Oh, I need to sew a pair of jeans.     

On Monday, May 9th, I wore three me-made items.
Workwear:  Knit wrap dress, OOP Vogue 7014; RTW undergarments (knickers, slip, and bra); RTW cream coloured sweater.


Nightwear:   Pink velour pants and tunicVogue 9193; and white terry cotton bathrobe; OOP Butterick .
Accessories:  Black handbag; black briefcase; cream coloured wedged heels.
Lessons learned today:  Air-conditioned environments sometimes call for cold-weather garments despite how hot it is outside.  

On Tuesday, May 10th, I wore two me-made pieces.
Workwear:  Black Marcy Tilton skirt, Vogue 9060; RTW red Kate Spade cardigan; RTW black jacket; black pantyhose; RTW knickers and bra; black RTW raincoat.
Nightwear:  RTW knit pajama bottoms; knit fleece top, Simplicity 2289.


Accessories:  Wrist braces; Hunter rubber boots; floral slip-on sneakers; red leather flats; black and white polka-dot head band.
Lessons learned today:  Timing is everything.  I happened to be in a classroom when the teacher was reading a book to the class, "There she is, all dressed in black, the head witch!" As the teacher pointed to me standing in the back of the room, with the back faced to the class, oblivious to the words just read out-loud.  

On Wednesday, May 11th, I wore two me-made pieces.
Workwear:  Green and white coloured ponte knit pullover dress, OOP Vogue 9625; RTW green cotton knit cardigan; RTW undergarments and panty-hose.
Nightwear:  RTW knit pajama bottoms; knit fleece top, Simplicity 2289.


Accessories:  Wrist braces; Hunter rubber boots; tan coloured leather lace-up sneakers.
Lessons learned today:  Sometimes I get compliments on things that I think are not worthy of a compliment.  

On Thursday, May 12th, I wore two me-made pieces.
Workwear:  Gray and blue pin-striped wool pants, OOP Vogue 1325; green wool pull-over sweater; RTW undergarments; gray tights; down-filled winter jacket; and black gloves.
Nightwear:  RTW knit pyjama bottoms; knit fleece top, Simplicity 2289.
Accessories:  Wrist braces, Hunter rubber boots; tan coloured leather lace-up sneakers; floral slip-on sneakers.
Lessons learned today:  May weather can be unpredictable!  

On Friday, May 13th, I wore me-made pieces.
Workwear:  Burgandy shirt-dress, OOP Butterick 5760; blue Katherine Tilton designer hoodie, Butterick 6253; RTW undergarments (bra, knickers, tights); down-filled winter jacket; black gloves.



Nightwear:  Brushed cotton plaid dress worn as a nightshirt, OOP McCall's 6600.
Accessories:  Wrist braces; Hunter rubber boots; floral slip-on sneakers; black Birkenstock.
Lessons learned today:  Sometimes May weather calls for dressing in layers.   

On Saturday, May 14th, I wore three me-made items.
Weekend wear:  Gray and blue pin-striped wool pants, OOP Vogue 1325; blue Katherine Tilton designer hoodie, Butterick 6253; RTW undergarments; RTW gray socks.



Nightwear:  Brushed cotton plaid dress worn as a nightshirt, OOP McCall's 6600.
Accessories:  Black Mephistos; silver watch.
Lessons learned today:  After dropping forty clams for two more pairs of Evita cotton undies, it really is time to start sewing my own.   

Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. We had a few flakes drifting down here yesterday as well. Can't understand how a place can go from 35C to below freezing in a week.

    Great going on the Me Made May challenge.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's crazy! And it is supposed to warm up to 28C later this week.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...