Tuesday 26 July 2016

Slow and Steady...

This week I'm living by the rule "slow and steady wins the race" when it comes to working on the Issey Miyake dress, OOP Vogue 2427. 


I was out of commission this weekend as I tried to regain neck and shoulder movement without aggravating it further. I set the stress to this area into motion when I was cutting out six large pattern pieces on the floor. There was a visit to the doctor's office and physio and applying heat and doing stretches that allowed me a wee bit of time to do some hand stitching.   

The dress is slowly coming together and with each pleat that is basted in place I'm loving this pattern a little more. But I'm stopping here, grateful for the little bit of sewing that I was able to do. And hopefully, tomorrow will be filled with more movement in the sewing room.  

Until then, happy sewing!  


2 comments:

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...