Sunday 11 September 2016

In Sewing News Today...

Have you been following The Great PatternReview Sewing Bee contest? Round one just closed and I'm so impressed with the quality of work on display. I'm blown away with the shorts that were entered and feature a variety of details: welt pockets, cargo pockets, snap details, sailor pants detailing, plaid matching, lace and lining, and so much.  The judges have their work cut out for them.

I've been less productive as there hasn't been any sewing this week. It was back-to-work this week and the only sewing related activity that I managed to do was heading to work early to plan sewing club activities and shopping. There is a few things still left to do before sewing club starts on Wednesday, like sew up a sample.


Yup, that's right. I haven't had time to sew a sample yet. Wish me luck on that one. I also had plans to make gluten-free button themed cookies in honour of National Sewing Month and the start of Sewing Club, but it doesn't look like that will materialize. So much for keeping it simple.

I'm going to blame the lack of sewing activity on the ankle that needs an ice pack when I get home from work. Who knew a sprained ankle took so long to heal? Yes, the clinic doctor and physiotherapist warned me, but I really didn't think it was true.

I mentioned that there has been shopping. I needed some supplies for work and then I was tempted by fabric on sale. The whole discount section was reduced to 70% off. If I wasn't just back to work after a nine week lay-off, I might have done some serious fabric shopping. Silk duponi and linen fabrics were sitting there at 70% off this weekend and it is still there. ~sigh~ I will admit that I was tempted, very tempted.

I did pick up a cotton chambray fabric at 70% off. I have plans to make another Butterick 6097 shirt for work. And some more Knit 'N Stitch tape that happened to be on sale for 50% off. Oh, and buckles for that skirt on my fall sewing list.

I hope to get back to the sewing machine this week.

Well, that is all in sewing news today...

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those ankles are more delicate than we can imagine! I too am finally back to some sewing and it feels nice.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...