Sunday 30 October 2016

Another Maxi Skirt

OOP Butterick 5790 made it onto the sewing table once again. 


I made my third version of this skirt.  


It has to be the most comfortable item I can find to wear to work besides Vogue 1410. Since the Lynn Mizono dress is more of an unique style, I figure I could get away with rotating maxi skirts on those days at work when I'm more concerned about comfort over dress code. An elastic waist skirt fulfills both needs.  

This pattern couldn't get anymore basic, actually it consists of one pattern piece laid out on the fold. Easy peasy. The casing for the elastic is folded over from the waistline. 

Let's talk about the fabric, I found this a year or two ago at Fabricland. It looks blue in the above picture but it is actually a blue and black striped knit fabric.  


The pattern piece was laid out along the width so the skirt has vertical pinstripes instead of horizontal stripes. It reminds me of corduroy fabric. It's a 100% polyester knit that handles the pre-treatment process extremely well.


The Stats:  

Fabric:   0.8 metres

Pattern:  OOP Butterick 5790 

Elastic:   1.0 metre 1" width

Thread:   Finished off another spool of thread

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Sewing machine, serger, walking foot, safety pins, pins, cutting table, scissors, thread clippers, thread for the serger and sewing machine, camera, and coffee.  

Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...