Sunday 19 March 2017

In Sewing News Today...

There has been some unselfish sewing going on around here. Well, not actual sewing, mostly prep work, hand-basting underlining and attaching interfacing.  

This is typically the time of the year that I work on a Lenten Sewing project but with the injury that happened earlier this year, my focus was on my recovery. Instead I'm working on a little girls' coat, Vogue 9219, to be gifted to a former colleague's daughter. It is a cute pattern and I'm hopeful that it will turn out. After making two winter coats and realizing that the one lined with that thin fleece is oh-my-goodness-toasty-warm, I decided to use the remnant of fleece with a some blue melton wool from my stash. I didn't have enough fleece for my second coat and the flannel underlining on the burgundy coat didn't prove to be as warm. The plan is to end up with a winter coat that is both cute and warm enough for the coldest of cold prairie winter days. 

Talking about coating fabric... I happened to stop by Mitchell Fabrics while I found myself in the neighbourhood. I found a green melton wool that I didn't notice before. Beautiful colour and it's actually a soft fabric that would be lovely for a jacket or blazer. Or maybe another little girls' coat?There is still quite a selection of fabrics to be found. I thought I might pick up some more shirt fabric but it was all gone. And that super cute plaid silk fabric was moved out of the discount section and placed with the other silk fabrics, so it's no longer priced at 70% off but now 30% off. Still good deals to be had minus the insane crowds of people that flocked to the store when it hit the news that they were closing. I picked up a metre of a crab print for microwave bowl cozies. And there was some cute plaid seersucker fabric. I picked up the last two metres for $3.00/metre and hope to get a summer dress out of it.

And there is a new knickers pattern in my collection.  Simplicity 8229 arrived this week and I have a size medium traced and cut.  


As you can see I'm having trouble focussing on one sewing project. We'll see which one is completed first.  

Well, that's all in sewing news today.

Happy Sewing!  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...