Sunday 2 April 2017

Fancy Pant[ie]s

I swear, I'm never ever buying panties again now that I have Simplicity 8229. This pattern is on its way to being a go-to item for knicker-making.  


This latest pair is made in a lace stretch fabric and the elastic used at the legs has a pleated edge. They're my fancy pant[ie]s! 

The lace fabric, pleated elastic and the beige cotton used for the crotch lining were all Fabricland finds. The waistband was finished with beige picot elastic that I found at Northwest Fabrics. I wish I picked up more of the beige picot elastic when I had the chance. Oh well. I picked up plenty of the pleated elastic and have enough green lace to make another pair.  


The Stats:  

Fabric:  0.7 metres of stretch lace and cotton knit

Elastic:  2.8 metres of pleated and picot elastics

Pattern:  Simplicity 8229

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Sewing machine, serger, 100% polyester thread for the machines, cutting table, scissors, thread clippers, tweezers, pins, pin cushion, iron, ironing board, wrist brace, and some good tunes.  

Happy Sewing!  


1 comment:

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...