Sunday 9 July 2017

In Sewing News Today...

McCall's released their early fall 2017 line of patterns this week echoing fashions found in the RTW landscape. I get that atheleisure wear is not going anywhere anytime soon but there is nothing that bores me more.  


And throwing in the cold-shoulder detail is not making it anymore interesting. Nor is throwing on a pair of heels with the atheleisure.  

McCall's 7636, Early Fall 2017
And if atheleisure is not one's thing there is a flashback to decade past. No, I'm not talking about the Archive Collection pattern, McCall's 7625, with it's sweet ode to 1955. 

No, I'm talking about the flashback to the nineteen-eighties nightclub scene. 

This is meant to be a cosplay outfit, right? Or a possible Halloween costume idea? Well, all I can say is that I don't know why I even bothered to look at McCall's patterns. I'm finding that they offer less and less that I find interesting. It wasn't always the case. I miss some of the designs from the NY Collection they offered in the past. And I'm going to revisit one of them for my next sewing project.  


For my early fall look I'm going to work on a muslin for this jumper/dress, out-of-print (OOP) McCall's 7352. I have some graffiti print denim that I like to make it out of once I get the fit all sorted out.  

How about you, any plans for fall sewing?  

Happy Sewing!  



1 comment:

  1. Correct!!! Not much to select from!!! After working a 9 to 5 JOB in business attire I am looking forward to my body wearing of 7634 dress, LOL ;) ... FIESTA

    ReplyDelete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...