Tuesday 25 July 2017

In Sewing News Today...

Does it seem odd that it's late July and Vogue Patterns hasn't yet released any fall patterns? Carlos has posted some videos from the upcoming fall release. They're being such a tease! There is a beautiful short curved hem jacket he shared recently that has me dying to see the rest of the details. But then again, do I really need anymore patterns? I don't think so. And besides, I'm busy enjoying my new Eva dress pattern. I'm currently working on my third version.    

  
It is almost nine months when I made this statement,
I still have man-made fabrics in my stash but from this day forward, I'm saving my pennies for the natural fibres. No more man-made fibres. That's my new fast. 
All three versions of my Eva dress have been in natural fabrics, two cottons and one linen version. Even my recently made pin-tuck shirts were made in natural fibre fabrics. I may not have been able to commit to the fabric fast but at least I've been doing better on this one. It feels good to have clothes made in fabrics that are comfortable, look good, last longer, and have a less harmful impact on the environment.  

Small steps towards big changes. Right now I'm considering what to do with the polyester and rayon that is lurking in my fabric stash. 

Well, that is all in sewing news today...

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...