Wednesday 12 July 2017

Squirrel!

Oh my goodness, when it comes to sewing projects, I have the attention span as Dug from Up!  


I have projects cut out and in various stages of completion yet they sit there as I move on to the next project just to get bored by it as well. Remember this one?  


Yes, I was super excited to get my hands on that Marcy Tilton jacket pattern and cut out my fabric only to lose interest when I discovered an issue with the pocket pattern. The project moved to the side-lines as I considered if I wanted to fix the pocket pattern piece's width and cut out more fabric or omit the pockets all together.  


And that Sybil Connelly coat project, still in a state of is-it-ever-going-to-be-finished? [holding head in shame].  I took a break from my fitted sleeve struggles. Bias cut sleeves with a cotton sateen stretch wasn't the best fabric choice. I think I need to cut down the curve on the sleeve cap.  

And last night, I started to lose interest in my latest project, Butterick 6492. I don't know if it was because I'm uninspired by my polyester fabric or that I was too tired to actually sew. But I was dangerously close to giving up on the latest project.  


I have a whole bin full of unfinished projects waiting for some attention. I think this is the source of my inability to focus and finish something. Is it this clutter that is taking up space on the sewing table that is my distraction?

I feel like I need a vacation from all things sewing related and maybe I'll come back with a fresh outlook. That's just crazy-talk, isn't it! Or maybe I just need to step away from the polyester fabric that wasn't even my first choice. 

It's all about the fabric that can play a part in seeing a project to competition. And as we can see, I've made a few less-than-perfect fabric choices. I need to make some tough decisions about some fabrics in my stash.  

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...